Monday, February 23, 2015

Fig Chocolate Hazelnut Spread!

I always try new ways to make healthy versions of foods I love.
I love nutella...and although this doesn't taste like it..Its still so good!
You can eat it alone, or spread on toast.

Now when I make things, I never measure..So this is a rough estimate.
Next time I think I will add more hazelnuts, but just keep adding until your satisfied..
And yes..I'm bringing back toasti, because she's just so cute!



What you need:

-1 cup Sun Dried Black Mission figs. (I got a big bag at costco) Don't use the ones in the plastic (like  
           the crown figs..) The ones from cosco still have some moisture to them. The ones in the plastic
           will be very dry.
-20 hazelnuts
-A spoonful Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- Water


Or order figs HERE


1. Chop the figs in the food processor until they are finely chopped.

2. Add hazelnuts and chop. (I had to add water, because I have a Magic bullet and you need it for everything...but it did make the texture better..it didn't get hard in the fridge the next day)

3. Add Cocoa powder and water I usually fill it a little at a time until the texture is smooth, but not too wet.

4. Now you can eat or refrigerate. (I'm so excited the texture stays nice even after three days)..That's how long it lasted..

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy!

    Love and Kisses,
                Maddalena

No comments:

Post a Comment

search.my.blog.